POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Eva Sails Away (again) : Re: Eva Sails Away (again) Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Eva Sails Away (again)
From: Alain
Date: 10 Mar 2009 17:41:38
Message: <49b6de92$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot nous illumina en ce 2009-03-10 05:17 -->
> "Alain" <ele### [at] netscapenet> schreef in bericht
>> The 45 degree angle is the angle for a precise speed, twice the speed of
>> the waves in the water for a given depth. The wake angle depend on the
>> speed of the ship trough the water and the depth.
>
> Ah! You know more about this than I do, obviously :-) Didn't know that.
>
> Thomas

Simple observation.

When a row boat advance, the wake is very broad, 60 to 90 degrees and can detach
from the bow (go faster than the boat).

When you watch a speed boat, the wake is perty sharp, maybe around 15 degrees or
even less if you go fast enough.

On a cruise ship going at cruise speed, the width of the wake from the bow at
the stern level is MUCH narrower than the length ot the ship.

--
Alain
Caught Asleep At Your Work Desk

Just in case your boss catches you asleep at your desk, be ready to blurt out
this excuse #1:  I was working smarter - not harder.